Friday 16 November 2007

SING THEM KEYS....KEYS!

The song that I am singing, humming, blasting in my car and have got on repeat at home is Alicia Keys, Like you’ll never see me again….it’s like I’ve been hypnotised.

She has lyrics like…… “I don’t want to forget that the present is a gift”
“I don’t want to take for granted the time that you have here with me”

The song touches me so deeply…Miss Keys beautifully vocalises the true meaning of love and living everyday, as it’s your last. This to me I can apply to all my relationships…family, friends and when I get a man I will be singing this to him everyday. I can hear myself now hitting them high notes! LOL

Its so easy to go through life not really appreciating the people around you…taking for granted the things that they do for you, not letting them know how much you care for them, just thanking them for being them.

Money can buy everything in this world, but it can definitely not buy love. You can have every materialist object in this world but you can still have nothing without the people you love around you. If you think about your life now, then imagine it without the people that have provided the foundation of your being, would you be the same person?

I’m not saying that you should buy a Ferrari with a big red ribbon round it for you man or blow all your life savings on a 10 year holiday for your mom. It’s just the simple things that count. Like texting your friends and telling them thank you for being you, telling your sister that how proud you are of her, hugging your mom when she’s feeling down…It’s truly the little things that count, do it now as you never know it could be the last time.

Tomorrow is not a definite……

No comments: